Egg Salad DazeApr 5th, 2012 | By Cecilia | Category: blog, cook something, meat and poultry
Growing up, my family was on a very tight budget. There were seven kids in our family, my parents and a dog or cat or both. Thanks to our Aunt Maggie who had a chicken farm, we always had plenty of eggs. And so egg salad was a staple at our house, and all the kids became skilled at making it.
Egg salad is one of those relatively simple and inexpensive recipes that comes together quickly and tastes like home.
I mentioned this to my friend Mindy Sue Cohen who immediately offered to share her super easy and tasty recipe.
Mindy’s Egg Salad
Serves 2 on lettuce, or 4 in sandwiches
- 4 Hard boiled eggs, chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon sweet onion, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pieces crispy bacon, crumbled
- 4 cups mixed lettuce, washed and dried
- 8 slices of bread (optional)
- Boil and peel eggs. Once cooled, use a fork to break them up into crumbles.
- Add the mayonnaise and grated onion and mix until incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place half mixture over a bed of lettuce and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and enjoy.
- Alternately, evenly divide mixture between four slices of bread, top with bacon crumbles and lettuce and top with another slice of bread and you have a tasty sandwich. Serve with your favorite soup and you have a filling meal.