Honey Rosemary Chicken with Cherry TomatoesAug 7th, 2015 | By Cecilia | Category: blog, cook something, meat and poultry
This recipe comes from The Happy Kitchen Cookbook. The Happy Kitchen/La Cocina Alegre® is a program of the Sustainable Food Center; the book is used in classes where volunteer facilitators learn to cook seasonally, locally, healthfully and on a budget, and then take what they’ve learned back into their communities.
Honey Rosemary Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes
5 servings | $2.82 per serving | Seasons: Summer & Autumn
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 whole chicken, skin removed
- and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 or 2 small dried hot chiles
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- (red wine vinegar is good)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss the garlic with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Place the garlic in a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and push the garlic to the sides of the dish.
- Put the chicken pieces in the baking dish.
- Spread the honey over the chicken.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, rosemary, and chiles around the chicken.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over everything.
- Lightly salt and pepper everything.
- Bake for 25 minutes, basting occasionally.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the oven and place both the chicken and vegetables on a serving dish.
- Add the vinegar to the pan drippings and stir.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.