Mraz’ Mom’s MeatloafSep 9th, 2011 | By Cecilia | Category: cook something, meat and poultry
Jason Mraz whisks pop and rock together with many other musical ingredients, including folk, jazz, country, reggae, and hip-hop. He has played with musicians such as the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews Band, Alanis Morissette, and Jewel. His debut release, Waiting for My Rocket to Come, was certified platinum and reached number two on Billboard’s Top Heatseekers chart.
Mraz’s Mom’s Meatloaf
This is a family recipe that’s easy to make. After you do it once you’ll see how easy it is to substitute the ingredients and make it true to your own taste bud’s craving. I prefer to use lean meat and organic vegetables whenever available.
This recipe come from Music in the Kitchen: Favorite Recipes from Austin City Limits Performers, by Glenda Facemire, published by UT Press.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground veal
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 c. Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 can organic tomato sauce
- parsley flakes
- Mix first 9 ingredients well with 3/4 of tomato sauce.
- Form into loaf in loaf pan and top with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Bake in loaf pan for 50–60 minutes at 350°.
- Use dripping to make tomato-based gravy, adding remaining tomato sauce.
Yield: 1 loaf.