Shrimp with Jalapeños and BaconFeb 3rd, 2017 | By Cecilia | Category: blog, cook something, fish and seafood
Claudia Alarcón has been passionate about food her entire life. She says she learned by her mother side, and from a young age she was whipping up meals.
She says her father was often her guinea pig. “He’d come home from work and I would have a little menu written and have food made and expect him to eat it.” The things daddies do to make their little girls happy.
Claudia has turned her passion into her life’s work, and writes regularly about food, teaches classes and enjoys living life.
When I put out a request on the Field & Feast Facebook page looking for folks to cook a recipe about Super Bowl snacks home cooks plan to make for their game day gathering for the radio show–Claudia jumped at the chance.
Because in addition to being passionate about food, she’s passionate about sports, too.
Despite the simplicity of the recipe she prepared for us, it has a great flavors that fills the mouth and make you want more.
- 1 pound large shrimp, Jumbo or Extra Large are good
- 6 large or 12 medium fresh Jalapeños
- 12 oz bacon, thin sliced
- Wood toothpicks or skewers
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Quarter jalapenos lengthwise, scooping out the seeds.
- Cut bacon strips in thirds to make about 3” pieces.
- Place a shrimp on top of a jalapeno slice, wrap together with a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick. Alternatively you can skewer a few together.
- Place a wire rack in a broiler-safe pan and broil for about 5 minutes, or until they start to sizzle and bacon begins to brown.
- Turn them over with tongs once the bacon looks cooked and slightly crisp.
- Broil for 5 minutes more approximately, or until bacon is brown and crisp all around.
- Serve hot with sour cream sauce for dipping.
Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, parsley or both
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 key lime or half a large lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine sour cream, chopped herbs, garlic, and lime juice in a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste, mix, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.