Blades of Glory (podcast + contest)Dec 21st, 2012 | By Cecilia | Category: Featured Articles, podcast, the show
THE CONTEST IS CLOSED
Episcopal priest and author, Robert Farrar Capon is credited with the following quote:
At the root of many a woman’s failure to become a great cook lies her failure to develop a workmanlike regard for knives.
Excuse me, padre, but have you met Cindy Haenel?
Cindy is a chef instructor at Central Market Cooking School in Austin, and she definitely knows her way around a cutting edge.
In fact, the knife skills classes she teaches at the school always have a waiting list. Always.
As more of us spend time in the kitchen honing our culinary skills, we also recognize the need to hone our cutlery skills. And that’s why Cindy’s class is so popular with home cooking enthusiasts.
Cindy teaches attendees the difference between honing and sharpening and how to do both, what knives every home cook should have, and how to use them in the safest manner possible.
You wouldn’t think someone as fun (dare I call her a “cut up?”) and friendly would have such amazingly awesome ninja knife skills–but boy howdy does she.
After one of her classes, you’ll be slicing and dicing with the best of them.
GET COOKING WITH CENTRAL MARKET: ENTER TO WIN A 50$ CREDIT TOWARD A COOKING CLASS
- Leave a comment below telling us what it is you appreciate about cooking at home.
- Must be 18 years old to enter.
- Open to people living in the Austin metro area.
- Entries must be received by 6 p.m. CDT Monday December 24 , 2012 to be eligible for the drawing.
- Comments that do not meet that criteria will be posted but will not be entered into the drawing.
- Only one entry per person | household | IP address.
- Must include your full name and valid email address to be eligible for drawing. (An email address that clearly uses your full name will suffice.) Commenters who do not include their full name will have their comments posted, but will not be entered into the giveaway.
- Only entries from people who have not won anything from Field & Feast in the last three months are eligible to win.
- One winner will be selected at random using random.org, after 6 p.m. CDT Monday, December 24, 2012.
- Winner will be contacted by the show’s producer via the email address they provided when entering contest to make arrangements for obtaining the book. Ensure the email address you provide is free of typos. Producer is only responsible for her own typos, not yours.
- Winner must respond to producer’s email notification before 6 p.m. Monday, December 31, 2012 to be eligible to collect their prize. Be sure to check your bulk/junk folder in case your email client filters producer’s email. Producer is not responsible if you do not see your winner’s notification.
- Email the producer with any questions about the contest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Producer is not responsible if a winner is unable to access or pick up their prize.
- Central Market Cooking School credit must be used for a class at the Austin, Texas Central Market Cooking School, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- SUBMITTING A COMMENT BELOW MEANS YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND THE RULES.
NOTE: These comments are monitored, so don’t fret if you do not see your comment for several hours. It will be time stamped and counted if it meets the deadline and eligibility requirements.