The Daily Cookie (podcast + contest)Oct 5th, 2012 | By Cecilia | Category: Featured Articles, podcast, the show
THE CONTEST IS CLOSED
ENTER TO WIN A COPY OF THE DAILY COOKIE
BY ANNA GINSBERG
Austinite, and home baker, Anna Ginsberg is a self-professed sweets fanatic.
Cookies are her favorite treat to whip up. “I like cookies because they are easy to share,” the doyenne of cookie dough explained. ” I do like cakes and pies, but it’s harder to give away a pie with a third of it missing,” she laughed.
Anna — who is the 2006 Pillsbury Bake-off ® Grand Champion — writes about baking cookies on her blog Cookie Madness. In fact, every day for more than five years, she’s baked a batch of cookies and written about it for her cookie obsessed public.
It was bound to happen that an agent contacted Anna about writing a book on — what else — cookies. “We worked out the theme together,” she told me. “We wanted to come up with a quirky holiday or an event for every day of the year, and then match a cookie with it.”
After they had the theme nailed down, Anna wrote a proposal and a first chapter; it didn’t take long for a publisher to come on board. The resulting book, which comes out next month, is The Daily Cookie — 365 Tempting Treats for the Sweetest Year of Your Life.
Home bakers can bake the cookies according to the day they honor, or just find a recipe that looks good and go for it. So whether you want to celebrate Squirrel Appreciation Day (one of Anna’s favorites) on January 21 with Caramel Nut Bars (page 25), or National Hermit Day on October 29 with Hermit Bars (page 335), or even National Maple Syrup Day on December 17 with Maple Oat Bars (page 386) you can do it, and life will be sweeter for it.
RULES OF ELIGIBILITY FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A COPY OF
THE DAILY COOKIE BY ANNA GINSBERG
To be eligible to have your name included in the random drawing for one of the books, you MUST follow the rules below.
- Must be 18 years old to enter.
- Only open to people living in the US.
- Entries must be received by 6 p.m. CDT Monday October 8, 2012 to be eligible for the drawing.
- Must leave a comment below telling us about your favorite cookie to make (or eat) and what you love about it.
- Comments that do not meet that criteria will not be entered into the drawing.
- Only one entry per person | household | IP address.
- Must include your full name and valid email address to be eligible for drawing. (An email address that uses your full name will suffice.)
- Only entries from people who have not won anything from Field & Feast in the last three months are eligible to win.
- Winners will be selected at random using random.org, after 6 p.m. CDT Monday, October 8, 2012.
- TWO winners will be selected.
- Winners will be contacted by the show’s producer via the email address they provided when entering contest, to arrange mailing of the book. Ensure the email address you provide is free of typos. Producer is only responsible for her own typos, not yours.
- INCREASE YOUR CHANCES BY “LIKING” THE FIELD AND FEAST FACEBOOK PAGE, AND BY COMMENTING ON THAT PAGE UNDER THE POST FOR THIS SHOW.
- The winner has one week from the close of the contest to respond to producer’s email to claim their book. If they do not do so by 6 p.m. CDT Monday, October 15, 2012, they forfeit their claim to the book. Be sure to check your bulk/junk folder in case your email client filters producer’s email. Producer is not responsible if you do not see your winner’s notification.
- The book will be drop shipped from the publisher (Andrews McMeel Publishing) or the author, Anna Ginsberg.
- Email the producer with any questions about the contest at email@example.com.
- Producer is not responsible if a winner’s book gets lost or damaged in the mail.
- SUBMITTING A COMMENT BELOW, OR COMMENTING ON THE FIELD & FEAST FACEBOOK PAGE, OR “LIKING” THE FIELD & FEAST FACEBOOK PAGE MEANS YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND THE RULES.
NOTE: These comments are monitored, so don’t fret if you do not see your comment for several hours. It will be time stamped and counted if it meets the deadline and eligibility requirements.