Food Fight! Tips for Winning the Bidding WarOct 11th, 2012 | By Cecilia | Category: show tips, the show
The Les Dames d’Escoffier Austin Chapter’s annual online auction – October 8, 2012 to October 19, 2012 – dubbed Food Fight!, is always a lot of fun for bidders.
The money from the winning bids helps to fund the non-profit’s scholarships for women entering the culinary and hospitality fields. In addition monies also go to their garden-to-plate initiative called Green Tables, a program whereby they award grants to schools and communities in underserved areas to help them grow organic food gardens.
Tips for Winning the Bidding War at www.austinfoodfight.org
- Take time to search through all of the items. There are some amazing, one-of-a-kind foodie experiences that you don’t want to miss!
- New items are added continually to the auction so be sure and check back often to see new items you may want to bid on.
- You can pre-set automatic bids to increase in increments of $1 or more, just to make sure you don’t get outbid!
- Go to the auction site and register, even if you’re not ready to bid. That will save time later when you’re ready to bid on one of your favorite packages.
- Use the “My Items” page – this page acts as your personalized bid tracker, shopping list and shopping cart, all in one. Items are automatically added when you place a bid or win an item in the auction.
- You can use “Add to My Items link” from within the auction to keep track of your favorites.
- Turn on the bid alert function from “My Items” page so you can know when someone is trying to outbid you! You’ll get an email letting you know.
- Bid often and bid high – remember that you are helping to fund culinary scholarships for young women seeking a culinary career, as well as helping young people learn how to grow healthy organic produce!